Who we are
Based in London and New York, we are the creative technology company powering over 90% of the world’s interactive video content, enabling brands such as Disney, Ted Baker, and Dulux to explore new horizons in audience engagement and interaction, making their video content much harder working. Our Studio platform uses AI to create hotspots, content overlays, video branching and other features, making every face and object in video content touchable and clickable – and our clients are mostly in marketing, advertising and TV.
The WIREWAX Studio is a SaaS (software as a service) platform, but we also have an award-winning in-house Creative Solutions team who collaborate directly with production companies, ad agencies and brand clients on bespoke interactive projects. We’re a very ambitious outfit: our mission is to make video as truly connected as everything else on the internet, and it’s a mission which is opening up exciting new possibilities for everyone who works at WIREWAX.
About the role:
18 months in the making, the latest iteration of our Studio platform breaks cover in July. It’s been rebuilt from the ground up, with vastly improved performance, features, and UX. However, the work is just beginning: we have a long list of additions and feature improvements which we want to implement in the next 3-6 months in order to make Studio the definitive creative toolset for video content creators. Working alongside our VP of Engineering, our Product Owner (who happens to be our CEO!) and an outsourced / freelance UX team, you will work on all design and UX-related aspects of this development phase.
What you will do as our UX Designer:
- Understand our product roadmap and how you can contribute to its timely delivery
- Iterate designs for new features according to a set identity
- Think laterally and imaginatively about solutions to UX challenges
- Create sketches and storyboards to visualise your UX/UI solutions
- Execute wireframes and create prototypes where necessary
- Communicate your design decisions clearly
- Work in a collaborative manner with other team members including engineering
- Care passionately about what you do, and the products we’re creating
- Adopt a position of accountability both for your work and (shared with others) the overall performance of our product in the market
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience
- Experience as a UX Designer
- An affinity with using online creative toolsets and ideally experience within teams producing them
- An interest / some experience in video content production
- Experience working in a high-growth / start-up company
- Strong portfolio showcasing UX / design projects for responsive UI and mobile
- Create sketches, wireframes and prototypes to tell compelling stories
- Proficient in Adobe suite, Sketch and other prototyping tools
- Participate in all phases of product development lifecycle, including product ideation and definition, strategy, UI design and user research and testing
- Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment
Why join Wirewax
- You’ll have the trust and freedom to devise solutions to problems as you see fit, utilising whichever technology you consider most appropriate.
- You’ll be working as part of a small, super friendly team with a variety of backgrounds, from computer vision research to sales and from design to TV production.
- Competitive base salary with options available if you’re interested.
- A fridge full of tasty beverages, an unlimited supply of crumpets, and an enormous biscuit tin