Website University of Arts London
UAL - top 2 in the world for Art and Design
Your role will be to deliver the best possible experience for the users of UAL’s digital channels, making them as straightforward to use as possible. You’ll have proven experience in researching user behaviour and preference and conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis and user testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for the UX direction for the UAL’s digital channels, based on statistics and user behaviours.
- Gather information about users’ requirements and determine what needs researching, designing or user testing
- Carry out quantitative analytical research using variety of tools (including Google Analytics) and conduct online and in-person user testing with users and produce reports and recommendations for all methods of research and testing.
- Work with UX Designer to incorporate analysis into the production of interface design and wireframes to be developed across the University’s digital channels.
- Provide sufficient and detailed documentation of UX behaviours and designs to the digital development team.
- Provide expertise in defining the information architecture and user experience of the University web environment. Producing UX solutions for identified problems on our digital channels, including third party web based systems.
- Assist in providing online experiences which are interactive and useful to our audiences. Reviewing and amending existing website UX patterns when needed.
- Carry out regular reviews of the usability and accessibility on UAL’s digital channels and work with the content team and development team to make improvements to the user experience.
- Support the creation of experience documents including: site maps, logic flows, wireframes, functional specifications, data models parameters, prototypes.
- Work with other teams across the organisation to improve the UX on their sections of the website or digital workspace.
- Assume other reasonable duties, as necessary, as determined by the Digital Development Manager
Who are the Digital Team?
The Digital Team manage the main UAL website and other digital channels including Canvas (the Digital Workspace for staff), MyUAL (the student app) and Portfolio (the student portfolio and networking site).
We train staff on our various content management systems and digital content creation and provide general web support for our network of content editors across the organisation.
We advise on best practice, search engine optimisation, user experience and accessibility. We also advise on the branding and look and feel of third party sites.
Interested? Apply now