Video meeting platform focused on collaborations
Hi there, this is Kevon, co-founder and CEO of Toasty, sharing that we’re looking for UI/UX Designer to join our company.
Let’s start with what Toasty is – a video conferencing platform that is designed to drive participant’s collaboration. We believe there is a lot of room to unlock better collaborations, discussions, and interactions in online meetings and workshops.
We’re now looking for a UI/UX Designer to join us on this journey to build the future of virtual meetings and workshops. We’re still in our early days, so your involvement will be a key part of our story. You’ll become a key of our team and an influencer to our future directions and success.
Here are your responsibilities
- Ideate and create user-experience-first design solutions for our product
- Lead and create the UI/UX of our platform, including wireframes, user flows, and graphic visualizations, to prototype and communicate ideas
- Discuss concepts, mock-ups and deliverables with the team and be responsible for articulating and defending conceptual and directional choices
- Conduct UAT for features before deployment
- Create and maintain polished and thoughtful deliverables and documentation
- Collaborate closely with engineers, CTO, and CEO given a small team environment
- Here are your requirements
You have core skills as a full-cycle UI/UX Designer with 2-4 years of experience
- Strong visual design skills and an experience of delivering beautiful, high fidelity, production-ready designs. Programs like Sketch, Figma, Zeplin are native to you.
- Experience handing off designs to software developers
- You think about the big picture and dig into the details. You think about the overall product, the brand, and most importantly, the user’s experience from ideation to ship.
- Self-starter, mature, able to work autonomously (cross teams collaboration)
- Strong communication and coordination skills, ability to draw information from others and to work in a remote environment
- Flexible/adaptable – no rigid process, ability to think on their feet and adjust their process accordingly
- Fluent English
- A portfolio showcasing prior experience designing software products
- Remote working is welcome; based in Hong Kong (where our core team is) is bonus
Here is what our team is like
- We are a product-led growth team, which means our strategies are made around our product
- We are huge fans of a book called the Mom Test, doing proper user research and interview to understand the pain points we’re solving
- Half of our team is based in Hong Kong with our own office. Half of our team is remote
- For our Hong Kong team, we have “Work from Home” Wednesday (during this period, WFH is everyday)
- We hold high standards to the product we’re creating, with UX being the center of our development
- We believe in work and play, and we believe in having interactive remote meetings
- Humility and integrity play a key role on our team
This role comes with a package of monthly salary and equity.