Freelance Design Researcher
Are you eager to shape employee and customer experience for some of the world’s brightest brands? Want to work with a diverse team of researchers, strategists, and designers working on exciting challenges across industries?
Sutherland Labs provides experience design consulting to global clients. Our Insight & Design team meld research, strategy, and design to create solutions that not only grow businesses, but also enhance everyday lives. We’re a culture of curious thinkers who collaborate in a hands-on environment where taking a different perspective is paramount.
We are currently looking for freelance researchers based in the UK and US to work on upcoming projects. Working arrangements are flexible – you could be embedded in the team for a period of time or join the team on a project-by-project basis. Projects span evaluative and generative research and often involve collaboration with broader practices within our organization, such as analytics, market intelligence, experience transformation, and industry verticals.
- Plan and execute qualitative research utilizing a range of methodologies
- Produce high-quality research deliverables, such as insights reports, journey maps, service blueprints, storyboards, and video highlights (with support from our in-house visual designers)
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and support all stages of the design process, from early problem definition and design research through to implementation
- Participate in client meetings and co-creation workshops to capture business requirements and explore customer experience challenges
- Be an ambassador for design thinking, innovation, and human-centered design
- Support a broad range of projects and client engagements
- Broad experience of UX methods and, ideally also of Employee Experience (EX) projects
- Examples of your research outputs, ideally showcasing your professional experience
- Experience working on complex, time-sensitive projects (B2B and B2C) with multidisciplinary teams across complex organizations
- Strong written communication and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to embrace the unknown and inspire new ways of thinking
- Familiarity with quantitative and mixed-methods methodologies is a plus
- We are a design agency, so design experience is a plus as well
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or a related field; Masters preferred (or equivalent professional experience)
- 4 years’ experience in the industry is preferred
- Eligibility to work in the US and/or UK
- Fluency in a second language (especially Spanish) is a plus
- Agency experience is a plus
If you are interested in applying for a freelance position then please submit your cover letter/email, resume, and any supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org