Our mission is to empower people to create the best possible services and user experiences that deliver positive change together. We pride ourselves in being an independent, boutique agency, offering a bespoke and tailored service to our clients. We believe that customer insight is key to success, in collaboration and doing what we are passionate about.
Spotless is looking for experienced Freelance UX Researchers to work with some big brands on multi-market projects. We work across multiple sectors with clients such as Facebook, BT, SEGA, Lloyds, Amex, Skoda and many more.
As we grow we are conducting more and more international research, often spanning over multiple countries per project. We would like to set up working relationships with experienced and capable user experience researchers in different parts of the world who have availability to work together as these projects arise.
You are fluent in written and spoken English and Italien. Projects usually take place in Rome, but may include travelling between London and Italy, as well as domestic travel around Italy.
You will run qualitative research including user testing, interview moderation, ethnographic research and observation and collaborate with our team. You are comfortable owning your own deliverables and presenting back to the client including senior stakeholders. Your success will be the delivery of projects on time and within budget, ensuring the quality of the deliverables.
- Work closely with the client to deliver the project objectives
- Work closely with a Spotless consultant throughout the projects to ensure insights are communicated clearly
- Liaising with the recruiter during and before user testing projects
- Run kick off calls, write recruitment screeners, create discussion guides
- Moderate usability testing sessions, focus groups & facilitate workshops
- Conduct contextual research/design ethnography
- Create journey maps, personas & helping with service blueprint creation
- Debrief the client with insights, findings and opportunities and bring the insights to life proposing actionable recommendations using the Spotless template
- Send a weekly report of your time spent on the project to the Project Manager
Your skills and experience:
- 6 years of relevant experience in UX sector as a researcher
- 3 years+ freelancer agency experience
- With a degree in Psychology, HCI or design research or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in working with other UX researchers in other countries, who do not speak Italien
- Extensive experience in planning, managing and conducting user research
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including stakeholder management
- Highly motivated and self-managing
- Good commercial understanding and able to align recommendations with business goals where appropriate
- Able to deliver high-quality projects with attention to detail
- High standard of report writing, making it easier for clients to connect the dots with clear communication and actionable recommendations
- Passionate about all aspects of user experience
In your cover letter, please briefly answer the following question so we are sure you are a good fit for the role: What do you feel is key to running good quality user interviews and why is user engagement important?