The International Diabetes Federation estimates at 415 million the number of people living with Diabetes – one in eleven! – and predicts that this number will grow and reach 642 million in 2040.
Glycemic control is an essential part of diabetes management, aiming to avoid short and long-term complications associated with the condition. Glycemic control must therefore be measured in a rigorous and reliable way on a daily basis, in order to support the multiple decision-making specific to the management of the condition, and maintain blood sugar levels in the desired levels.
With the availability of continuous glucose monitoring systems, aiming to provide users continuous visibility on their blood sugar level to optimize their treatment and improve their quality of life, diabetes management is entering a new era. And despite recent advancements, current available products still have some important shortfalls in helping people living their life with diabetes, not the other way around. And this is at the core of our client’s mission and vision, consisting of developing and designing a new continuous glucose monitoring system, aiming at making diabetes a smaller part of life.
Their disruptive technology aims at providing people living with diabetes and those caring for them with an accurate, reliable, user friendly and affordable continuous glucose monitoring system. Their CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) system aims at significantly reduce both the short and long term health complications associated with uncontrolled or poorly managed blood glucose levels, whilst improving the day to day quality of life of people living with diabetes.
A first in Human proof on concept study has been completed successfully, and they are now fully engaged in the development of the commercial product, targeting a market release in Europe by 2019.
It’s time to reinforce their team. We are currently looking for a talented UX/UI Designer.
Reporting to the Director Hardware/Software, you will join the multi-site development team.
- Design the user experience for their continuous glucose monitor apps, based on the user needs/user research
- Interaction, visual and motion design
- Write detailed user stories for the mobile app developers, with input from the developers and test engineers
- Design of graphics for quick start guide and Instructions For Use
- Drive the usability testing according to IEC-62366 (medical devices)
Skills & Knowledge
- Degree in computer science or web design
- A strong portfolio in mobile app design
- Knowledge of Apple’s iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Material Design
- Experience with Origami or similar prototyping tools
- Knowledge of usability testing principles
- Proficiency in Sketch
- Fluent in English
- Strong empathic skills
- Excellent communicator
- Permanent – Full-time contract
- A flexible, dynamic, stimulating and multicultural environment
- Development opportunities
- Location: Mont-Saint-Guibert (Belgium)
- Start date: ASAP