A Global Leader in Business Events
PCMA is the world’s largest and most forward-thinking community for Business Events Strategists and organizers, providing senior-level education, networking and market intelligence for the global business events industry.
Our vision is to drive global economic and social transformation through business events.
We are achievers with a mission to educate & inspire more than 7,000 members and an audience of more than 50,000 individuals through the creation of meaningful experiences that set out to disrupt “thinking” at the intersection of social consciousness and commerce.
Headquartered in Chicago, PCMA world-class management team oversees 17 chapters throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico with members in more than 40 countries globally – and growing!
We hire ambitious, capable professionals who thrive on entrepreneurial spirit, collaboration and who what to “Change the Way the World Works”. Our people are passionate about progress, welcome constant change and understand the value of engagement and success. We love coming to work because we believe in our products, services and our culture.
A Pivotal Time of Change
PCMA is at a pivotal moment of digital transformation, accelerated by the impacts of COVID-19 including designing digital content and experiences, shifts to remote workforce, and building a data-driven, audience-centric culture within the organization and industry. This transformation and current realities surrounding COVID reinforces our need for a “New Now” and focus on Purpose, Community, and Value Creation in the business events industry. This requires reimagined thinking, reimagined business models, and reimagined talent building and structures.
The Product Development “Organization”
The Product Development “Organization” is a reimagined team combining existing talent from Education, with new talent development in research, product development, and user/learner-centric design. Our goal is to build knowledge, capability, and commerce of audiences through viable products and drive transformative growth through business “event” experiences — gathering of people with shared interest, and meeting them in the mediums where they live.
Role of the Learning Experience Designer (LX/UX)
The Learning Experience Designer at PCMA will lead user and learner design of integrating PCMA products, from aspects of branding, design, usability, and function, to the experience users have with a product from purchasing it to troubleshooting it. With the combination of both UX and a focus on content and learning styles/learner preference, you will focus on the learner journey and ensure that products are not only usable but engaging, relevant, and fun, too.
Unlike traditional instructional design, the Learning Experience Designer is human-centered, looks at a holistic learning and digital experience, and leverages the concept of learner personas rather than simply performing needs analysis. You take into consideration content, curation, situated learning, data and analytics, and are technology-enabled.
The Learning Experience Designer will demonstrate ability to develop and execute the following:
· Conduct user research to understand learner and digital participant motivations, values and views, and learning preferences.
· Identify the performance, skills, and knowledge, information and mindset gaps of a targeted audience and create, select and/or suggest learning experiences to close this knowledge and skills gap.
· Synthesize research outcomes into viable product experiences.
· Set vision for the user experience, implementing user-centered design principles.
· Define personas, mediums, user requirements – features and functionality – to meet learner/online participant and product goals.
· Provide detailed product specifications and requirements to technology developers.
Create & Curate.
· Manage content development, design, storyboarding through technical production and documentation processes across product lifecycles.
· Work with content creators and curate content to fit learner outputs.
Design & Test.
· Design and deliver Omni-channel learning experiences, balancing pedagogical methods with various delivery outputs that touch multiple types of users and customers in the global business events ecosystem.
· Design wireframes and interactive prototypes, test and collect feedback.
· Advocate for accessible design principles and implementation.
· Demonstrate leadership by acting as design owner within your scrum through the conception, build and release of software features.
· Exercise a high level of technical acumen with a thorough understanding of front-end tech and will factor it into your work limitations and constraints knowing when to push boundaries.
Deliver – Learn – Evolve.
· Deliver learning and digital experience products, create feedback loops, and gather data-driven and actionable insights.
· Drive customer testing and incorporate customer research and insights into content development and through each iteration of a product’s lifecycle.
· 5-7+ years of Product Design experience working on a mix of consumer and enterprise products.
· Masters or Bachelor Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Instructional Design/Technology or related fields (or equivalent work experience).
· 3+ years of experience designing content with authoring and learning management tools, experience in Captivate, Articulate, Lectora, Dreamweaver, html (or similar).
· A demonstrable portfolio of work (professional and personal) which displays the projects you have worked on and includes examples of your story-telling skills, from low-fidelity sketches through to detailed designs.
· Mastery of Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite, along with proficiency in prototyping software (Invision, Figma, Proto.io, etc.).
· Micro learning, micro credentialing and gamification experience a plus.
· Managed multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business.
· Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple LX/UX/UI concepts.
· Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive consensus and mine for value.
· The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and evangelize on their behalf.
· Experience working in fast-paced, continuous delivery environments.
· Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion.
· Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global teams.
· Ability to work within brand style-guide with a desire to push existing standards to the next level.
· You are a natural leader with exceptional communication skills, using rapid visual design techniques.
· You know how to bring multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems.
· You have a curious mindset, aren’t afraid to push boundaries with a willingness to fail and learn
· You embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
· You have visual, auditory and kinesthetic learning design skills with the ability to tell a story that moves someone to think, feel, and act.
· You are comfortable working with fuzzy requirements and have the ability to thrive in ambiguity.
· You can juggle multiple top-priority tasks and efficiently focus on delivery.
· You are positive and resilient personality.
· You thrive working in a self-guided manner and collaborating with cross-functional teams
· You are passionate about transformation, learning and progress in every area of our lives.
About PCMA (additional information):
Our Strategic Plan – Member Centric, Innovation, Solutions.
Our five-year strategic plan guides all of our activities. It helps us focus on our priorities and provides measurable standards of our performance. The plan leverages the best of our past experiences and the knowledge about where the industry needs to go in the future. We have 3 critical organizational goals that will help us achieve our vision and mission.
· Goal #1 Audience-Centric Organization. Expand PCMA audience and deepen PCMA’s impact to its audience by a relentless focus on audience needs both current and emerging and identifying multi-channel education and services to evolve the industry and market.
· Goal #2 Innovative Education, Events and Engagement Program & Service Offerings. Develop a series of progressive programs, driven by audience need, designed to advance the vocation and value of the business events strategist across the business community around the world.
· Goal #3 Financial and Operational Success. Build culture and structure to grow membership, audience and revenue, and seek and evaluate opportunities to support growth objectives. Invest in research and innovation to advance business events.
Our People and Culture
“PCMA is celebrated for programs that are cutting-edge and provocative, delivering what business events strategists need to be successful”, said Tonya Almond, PCMA Vice President of Knowledge and Experience Design.
· Our people have a Passion for Progress.
· Our people contribute to a variety of projects that positively impact our members and social issues at large.
· Our people are fearless, innovators and collaborators who know how to leverage the collective genius of the whole to execute on large-scale events and who take smart risks – testing, measuring, and creating again.
· Our people work with leading brands and influential business leaders across the country and around the world.
· Our people enjoy the autonomy and flexibility to manage their work; while our expectations are high, we expect our people to bring their best ideas and their best self to work each and every day.
Above all, our People are valued. They play a meaningful role in building solutions and shaping the future of PCMA. We believe that having a diverse workforce is not enough, we also need to build a culture of inclusion that leverages the strengths of all of our employees.