We’re looking for an early career user-centred UX Designer to join a fast growing fintech startup.
At PassFort, we share a powerful vision to enable businesses & individuals to establish trust online. We currently do this by giving regulated businesses the tools they need to automate and digitalise the onboarding, verification and management of their customers – that means customers can be onboarded in real-time, without ever having met in person.
And this is just the beginning – our technology allows us to define what ‘trust’ means across the digital economy. Our long term aim is to create a single network where people and businesses can share their digital identity securely and interchangeably – whether they’re applying for a mortgage, listing on the stock market, or applying for a new job. We’re transforming how trust is established online, in the same way that Salesforce transformed sales, Stripe transformed payments and AWS transformed DevOps.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work with our Lead Designer to help solve complex user-software problems. You’ll be a voice for our users and their needs. An internal champion for exceptional product quality and the need for cohesive experiences.
On a day-to-day basis you’ll be involved in all parts of the design process. You’ll take part in user research, uncovering and documenting under served user needs. You’ll go wide in looking for solutions to user problems, generating multiple low-fidelity potential solutions.
Using your inclusive, open and transparent approach to work, you’ll seek out feedback from users, designers, product managers and engineers throughout the design process, receiving in good faith and using new insights to inform the direction of your work.
Your solutions will be simple and elegant and make use of the PassFort design system which you will help to maintain and extend when necessary.
We see this as a development role, and if you’re driven and motivated to learn and take on more responsibility, the opportunity will be here!
What we’re looking for
- Strong interaction design skills: You’ll have an understanding of multi-step and cross-platform flows. Proficiency in sketching and wireframing simple features and user journeys, and an understanding for the need to design for different potential states (errors, successes, dead-ends).
- Understanding of how user research fits into the design process: You’ll be aware of different methodologies and when to use them.
- Understanding of visual design fundamentals: layout, visual hierarchy, colour, typography, and iconography.
- Desire to continually learn, develop your skills and evolve as a designer and have the confidence and maturity to experiment with new research and design approaches as well as new methods and tooling.
- Ability to be comfortable with, and embrace ambiguity.
- Working knowledge of Sketch.
- A portfolio showing your process and decision-making skills, as well as the final deliverables.
- Equity! We want you to succeed as we do
- Great location – we’re central to three stations, and sandwiched between Brick Lane and Spitalfields market
- An annual learning & development budget to spend on professional or personal development, we’re invested in both
- Birthday off – relax and put your feet up
- Dental cover
- Access to Perkbox – discounts to services and products (and honestly it’s fantastic)
- Equally Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Shared Leave pay
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension contributions – investing in your future is important
- Pick your own equipment and kit
- Biscuits… we’re a bit obsessed. We have a weekly ‘guest’ biscuit to broaden your biscuit horizons.