Website Pace Communications
Work with heart
Our agency team is comprised of creatives: designers, directors, writers, developers, photographers, analysts, illustrators, makers, strategists and marketers. Our passion is telling our client’s stories powered by insights to fuel client business growth. We are storytellers who believe that a story well told can bring about meaningful change and drive story inspired results. It has the power to start movements, capture imagination and spark exploration.
This position requires an innovator and a progressive thinker who can serve in a hybrid role as both Creative Director and Lead UX Designer. We are looking for both a thinker and a doer who serves as a creative lead and creative decision maker while also leading the end-to-end UX workstream in the development of brand-defining experiences for assigned accounts.
This position collaborates with project teams and clients to be the voice of the user and to define industry-leading digital experiences. The Creative Director/Lead UX Designer defines, documents and evangelizes points of view on a full-range of UX activities: discovery, research, personas and journey maps, wireframing, prototyping and interaction design, usability, testing strategies, and optimization.
This position owns the room, shaping and presenting user experience focused creative work internally and externally.
- Provide the creative vision and direction for execution of creative work across all platforms with a user-experience first lens
- Work with Pace leadership as an advocate for innovation
- Lead consumer insight research and usability activities to inform strategic and creative direction—including user research, user testing, persona development and customer journey mapping—to make strategic recommendations on the best solution
- Leverage data and user trends to inform your UX recommendations
- Partner with functional peers including account, strategy, analytics and project management
- Manage the creative team assigned, lead ideation and brainstorming sessions
- Create wireframes and prototypes, lead user testing exercises and annotate UX design recommendations
- Serve as lead creative in client presentations, delivering strategic creative and UX recommendations with confidence and conviction
- Design best-in-class digital experiences focused on user-centered principles
- Evaluate and identify UX improvements within existing products/platforms and provide design solutions
- Stay abreast of current trends and best practices as it relates to user experience and user interface design
- Advocate for proper scheduling, time, tools, resources and processes for creating the work
- Embody the “Work with Heart” culture and values of Pace
BFA in Graphic Design or related field with ongoing education in user experience required
10+ years of experience in a design related field including 5+ years in QA. Agency experience preferred.
- Collaborative; ability to bring teams together and guide team members and clients through strategies
- Able to model strong leadership skills
- Conceptual thinking as well as hands-on creation
- Experience leading a creative team is a must
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Portfolio demonstrating critical thinking, UI Design and understanding of UX best practices
- Relentless hunger to keep pace with new and emerging digital technologies and trends
- Demonstrated ability to produce UX Design work and present design solutions based on business strategy and needs
- Deep experience with user testing and prototyping
Proficient use of UX tools such as, Invision, Axure, Moqups and Validately
- High level of proficiency with Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Powerpoint
- Strengths: User-centered design, UI design, visual design, front-end development and SEO
- Ability to work independently, under tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks