Website NorthStar Solutions Group
Your Premier Business Technology Solutions Provider
NorthStar Solutions Group, LLC is expanding an ongoing engagement with a Fortune 50 client of ours in Philadelphia, PA and we are looking for a skilled User Experience (UX) Researcher to join the team.
In this role, the UX Researcher will support our client’s digital customer experience initiatives. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the digital experiences that impact millions of customers. The UX Researcher works closely with UX Design and supports a range of cutting edge interactive products on multiple platforms (mobile, TV UI and online), as well as print & product design, industrial design and service design initiatives. The UX Researcher will employ a variety of techniques including usability testing and customer interviews, field research in customers’ homes, remote testing, surveys, industry research reviews and more to gather data and develop insights critical to improving customers’ experience with client’s portfolio of products. You’ll work closely with experience design, product, business and engineering teams to identify opportunities for research.
- Partner with stakeholders to design generative and evaluative studies to gain user insights, validate concepts, and uncover new product or business opportunities.
- Recommend appropriate methodologies, draft research plans.
- Perform activities such as heuristic reviews, industry research, data mining and competitive reviews.
- Lead and/or participate in primary research studies with customers (remote, in lab or in field), including:
- Discussion guide development, participant recruitment, and preparation of testing materials and prototypes by other teams.
- Facilitate and observe studies in our in-house user research labs and in the field (e.g. in customer homes, in call centers, on truck rolls) to gain first-hand knowledge of user behaviors.
- Analyze findings and synthesize findings with past relevant research, market research and other secondary sources to strengthen and reinforce the output of studies.
- Translate research insights into actionable recommendations and direction.
- Deliver data and insights from all activities and studies in presentations and readouts.
- Support senior staff in development of UX models and frameworks based on direct user evidence.
- Encourage members of design, business, and product teams to be involved as partners in studies to gain first-hand knowledge of user behaviors, mental models and needs.
- Contribute to a team toolkit of research methods, techniques and publications that showcase subject matter expertise.
- Support and establish reusable, templated systems, automation and process guides with other members of the research team.
- Maintain the highest standards of product usability and quality, take a lead role in delivering best in class experiences to ensure that projects are delivered to expectations and on time.
- Ensure a positive, collaborative cross-functional team atmosphere.
- Degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Digital Media, Human Factors, and Cognitive Science related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- 1-3 years’ experience planning, conducting, analyzing and reporting on user studies for discovery and evaluation; comfortable facilitating interviews.
- Familiarity with a range of user research methods used to gather qualitative and quantitative data (contextual interviews, formative and summative usability testing, focus groups, card sorting, survey development, secondary research analysis, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Familiarity testing with prototypes (rough drafts and sketches, paper prototypes, working prototypes) and live builds.
- Deep understanding of heuristics for user interfaces and experience conducting heuristic evaluations.
- Analytical problem-solving skills, outstanding writing and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to a group.
- Experience with MORAE, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office; experience with rendering and editing video a plus.
- Ability to organize and prioritize while working on multiple, simultaneous projects of varied size and complexity.
- Desire to continually stay current with technology, trends, tools and industry standards in UX, usability and user research.
- Experience in Information Architecture a plus.
- Experience with remote testing a plus.
- Experience in customer-facing digital media projects a plus.
- 5-8 years UX/UI Research Experience
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Background Check and Drug Screens are required for this position.