We have a new opportunity for a UI designer for an agency that builds its own products as well as providing digital services to a range of sectors. Are you a UI designer with a strategic approach? Do you thrive in a collaborative test and learn environment? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can have more ownership of your projects and ongoing career? This might be the role you’ve been looking for.
This highly creative agency has been going for 10 years after being set up by a software developer who was and still is enthusiastic about crafting an atmosphere where the best people in tech can execute excellent work in a truly collaborative atmosphere. They enjoy learning from their mistakes and put a lot of onus on experience; the experience of the end user, the client and of course the creative talent delivering the work. Their growing portfolio means they are eagerly looking for their new recruit. The Head of UX and Design needs an ideas driven UI Designer to join the team who has proven experience solving creative problems within an established digital/ tech team and is as hungry to understand the why’s and how’s and they are to produce something that is visually stimulating.
You, your CV and portfolio
- You’re at the advanced mid-weight stage or early in your senior title, seeking a home where you can really demonstrate your creative prowess.
- You have shown experience with UX, even if it’s working closely with a UX or IA specialist. This insight and dedication to the user journey is clear from your work.
- You love to collaborate. While you’re capable of working independently you value input and peer to peer mentorship.
- Communication and empathy are key values here. Being able to explain your process and be open to understanding other approaches will strengthen your working relationships and ultimately help to produce better work.
- We want to see a portfolio that exudes functional, purpose driven design.
- Demonstrate how curious you are. Show us the journey you’ve taken, not just the finished product. We will get excited about seeing work in progress.
- We don’t care about perfection. We want a balance of strong design principles, practical UI skills and to see your potential. If there are gaps in your experience, tell us. This agency is keen to develop individuals who want to take their career to the next level.
- Useful tools include Sketch, Framer X, Adobe After Effects & Principle.
- Previous exposure to working in agile/ scrum processes would be advantageous but not critical.
- 24 days holiday.
- Season ticket, and personal loans.
- A healthy individual training budget.
- Ride to work scheme.
- 5% pension match.
- Discretionary bonus – over business performance and personal performance.
This London based equal opportunities employer has a team that reflects global diversity. We love this client and we are dedicated to helping them find the best possible new member to join. Whatever your background, if you believe you could make valuable contributions to this position, please apply.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please send your CV, portfolio and salary expectations to email@example.com. 1st stage interviews could take place as soon as this week or next.