We’re working with an exciting young AI-powered tech company who are currently working on a cool app first digital product. They need to find a top-drawer freelance Head of Visual Design or UI/UX Design Lead to join them in their London office. The ideal candidate must be super hands-on as you will be one of the first specialists in the Product team, so you can help recruit the right team to work with you.
You will be a highly experienced and enthusiastic pure UI/UX designer who is ready to get stuck in and head up an emerging digital design team as a key member of a company experiencing fast growth. This is a minimum 3-6 month contract, with the possibility to extend or even become temp-perm if agreeable to both parties.
You will be highly collaborative, and able to take initiative to lead on key projects. It goes without saying that you will have a portfolio of high-quality, pixel-perfect design work and will be a naturally artistic and creative thinker. Experience working at an early-stage startup is beneficial, with the ability to work well under pressure and adapt to a quickly changing workplace a necessity.
Essential Requirements and Responsibilities:
- 5+ years of native app design experience working with the latest tech and products
- App design must be for complex app products, ie. ticketing, ecom, banking apps or similar
- Must be happy to be hands-on designing, not just managing a team
- People who’ve been part of the app explosion from 2010-14
- Particularly keen to see the slickest styling, super contemporary and beautifully crafted, visual design
- Work must be up to date and showcased on the latest hardware
- Beautiful intuitive responsive design
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of more junior digital designers
- Bags of enthusiasm and willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done right
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work with developers and marketers alike
- In-depth knowledge of the iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Google’s Material Design
- Hunger and drive to help a rapidly evolving company reach their potential
- A strong focus on designing with the end customer in mind
Please send an up to date CV and folio to email@example.com
Please note that we are only able to contact successful applicants.