User Experience Architects at LookThink are part Business Analyst, part Information Architect, and part UX Designer, who are responsible for shaping the products we build to fit the users’ needs and satisfy stakeholder requirements.
The fundamental purpose of this role is to translate business goals and stakeholder requirements into experiences that create value for the user. To be successful you will need to be constantly learning, testing, and validating your solutions with stakeholders and users. Your main tasks will include conducting in-depth discovery/investigative sessions, translating requirements analysis into prototypes/wireframes, assisting project strategists with defining strategic vision/direction, and collaborating with designers and developers to create solutions that stay inside scope and budget.
- Uncover requirements through project discovery, and adjust, clarify, and/or altogether change project requirements throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Be comfortable leading and/or helping to facilitate both qualitative and quantitative user research and summarize your findings to create actionable plans based upon the data
Stay up-to-date on UX best practices and trends to the extent that you can articulate those ideas to clients when called upon
- Effectively and proactively communicate your findings, insights and strategies to clients, cross-functional team members and management
- Create and/or document user stories, assumptions, acceptance criteria, and project risks
- Effectively listen to complex concepts and quickly comprehend and restate concepts in a way that everyone can understand in order to demonstrate your comprehension
- Actively engage and include appropriate team members in client conversations where and when their skills are necessary to ensure project success
- Lead internal and external meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Can think on their feet conversationally and is comfortable allowing for awkward silences in order to let people think about what they want to say
- 3-5 or more years of experience and proven track record
- Strong examples of digital web/product architecture work to be presented and reviewed during interview
- Hands-on experience creating, wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, user research plans, etc.
- Client facing experience acting as a UX project lead, either independently or as part of a team
- Experience with organizing and implementing taxonomies and working with data heavy content
- Experience having worked with a development team to bring a project to fruition
- Experience estimating and writing project briefs for client delivery
Nice to haves
- Experience working with, or acting in Business Analyst or similar role
- Experience working within a technological development process or methodology (e.g. Agile, Kanban, etc.)
- Familiarity with other design and digital tools such as: Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Comfort using/administering common CMS platforms (e.g. Drupal, WordPress, etc.).
- Experience with the Salesforce CRM platform
- Experience leading or owning the UX components of a multi-phased technology project that was delivered by a cross-disciplinary team
- Experience implementing accessible solutions (WCAG, 508 compliance etc.)
LookThink is a user experience consultancy based in Washington, DC—just south of Dupont Circle. We’re a tightly-knit team of energetic problem-solvers that prides itself on bringing a fresh perspective to our clients’ business challenges each and every day. Our clients range from small startups to large Fortune 100 corporations across the commercial, nonprofit, and public sectors. Our niche is the rethinking and enhancement of mission-critical business platforms and software that our clients depend on every day from the perspective of the end-user.
- Competitive salary
- Great healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- OneMedical membership
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with 3% company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch once a month
- A lot of snacks
- Work with awesome people