Limelight’s mission is to bring more opportunities to skilled workers in America without 4-year degrees. To achieve this, we are building a talent marketplace, powered by data and technology, to connect skilled workers with employers.
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer, the first product designer at Limelight, to join our mission. You will work closely with Limelight’s founding team, including the Head of Product and Head of Engineering, to create a digital product that delights our users. No UX debt, no UI inconsistencies, only laser-focused on solving a big talent mismatch problem.
It’s an unique opportunity for a hands-on design leader who wants to build a product that solves a meaningful problem in our society from scratch, and to grow with the company.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Own your work from end-to-end. This spans from translating user and desktop research insights into a digital experience, to prototyping and testing the experience, to shipping and iterating on the experience to achieve product KPIs.
- Own all design aspects of the product: employer experience, candidate experience, and internal tool(s) that enable Limelight to deliver on simple and intuitive user experiences.
- Present data-driven design decisions in a clear and concise manner to various audiences, ranging from leadership to the Scrum team.
- Build design foundations for Limelight. This includes defining tools and frameworks, collaborating with Engineering to create a design system, and creating design principles.
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of experience in designing Saas Products in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience working on marketplace products is a plus.
- Strong UX, interaction, and visual design skills
- Proven track record of shipping complex products that external and internal users love.
- An ability to translate ambiguous and complex user problems into simple solutions
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms
- Experience running user interviewers and user testing
Bachelor’s degree in design or relevant field preferred
The right person for this role
- You are intellectually curious
- You advocate for the user; you want to know employers and candidates’ pain points in order to solve them.
- You take ownership and have high-standards for your work. As the first product design, you are the leader who sets the bar.
- You are organized and a clear communicator.
- You display good judgement: you know when to create low-fidelity wireframes and prototypes to move fast, and when apply pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- You thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment.
- You know how to balance user needs with business goals.
- You display positivity, resilience, and mental flexibility when problem solving and receiving feedback.
- You work independently, but also collaborate well with a team.
- You have a bias towards action; a ‘get shit done’ mentality.
- You want to build a meaningful product that users love, and a big company.