We have proudly been recognized by INC Magazine with the Best Workplaces award two years in a row! Read more about this achievement and what makes us special here: https://www.invoca.com/press/invoca-recognized-as-an-inc-magazine-best-workplace-for-the-second-consecutive-year/
Commitment to our customers, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a positive environment are more than words written on a wall at Invoca, it’s our way of life. We take pride in an inclusive and egoless culture that helps us drive innovation and build value for both our customers and our people. And of course, there’s the competitive pay, great perks, and getting to work on an industry-leading product. If this sounds unlike most tech jobs you’ve had, you’re right. Come join us. We’re building something special.
Our product management team works closely with customers, partners, business and engineering colleagues in a lean startup, agile software development environment to bring industry-leading inbound call intelligence solutions to B2C and B2B enterprises, advertising networks and agencies.
Invoca is looking for an in-house UX Designer to join the product management team and help define the customer experience for our call intelligence SaaS platform. You will thrive in a highly upbeat and dynamic environment, applying Agile and Lean UX techniques while working with key partners – including prospective and existing customers – to understand Invoca’s product vision and build the best product experience for our customers.
You will report to the Manager, User Experience and will be primarily responsible for crafting the design vision for our product experience and validating design solutions made in collaboration with other team members. You will be an evangelist for user-centered design, with a real passion for translating complex tasks into simple interactions, driving ease of use as our key strategic advantage.
- What you will do:
- Work closely with multiple small scrum teams in an Agile environment to support development efforts through the use of wireframes, flow diagrams, rapid prototypes, and/or high-fidelity mockups to help communicate and validate design ideas.
- Engage in ongoing, close collaboration with team members during the development cycle including impromptu discussions and brainstorming activities as well as pairing with engineers and product managers on design.
- Support user research efforts through teamwork with different departments to validate design directions and conduct ongoing usability testing activities.
- Be the voice and advocate of the customer, constantly sharing data and insights with the team to communicate customer needs, best practices, and new methodologies.
- Work closely with our front-end developers in defining and maintaining our Design System in order to provide a cohesive user experience via the consistent use of UI patterns and components.
What we are looking for:
- Required: A portfolio of software design that demonstrates both excellent interaction design skills and high-fidelity UI visual design for web applications.
- Curiosity combined with an authentic love for products, people, and user experience.
- Experience being involved in all steps of the product development process and owning the UX efforts throughout each step.
- Willing to get their hands dirty and dig into finding the best solutions.
- Strong communication skills to explain your design decisions to developers and stakeholders.
- An understanding of the digital medium and how to work within technical limitations to deliver great experiences.
- Experience engaging with technically complex workflows, information architecture, and visualization of complex data.
- Attention to detail while also zooming out to ensure we’re working towards the big picture.
- Familiarity with basic UX research concepts. Experience conducting surveys, customer interviews, and usability testing sessions are a plus.
- Experience with design/prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, and/or Adobe XD.
- Strong sense of which level of fidelity best communicates the vision, interaction, and design of a feature in a timely manner.
- At least 3 years of experience crafting SaaS or Enterprise software products (preferably web applications) or similar Agency experience.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in UX, HCI, Graphic Design, or another related area of study.
Knowledge of Agile UX and Lean UX methodologies and experience working in a high-energy, agile environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with Design Thinking practices, facilitating cross-functional ideation, or Design Sprints are a huge plus.
- Knowledge of motion design tools such as Principle, Framer, Studio, etc. is a huge plus.
- Experience building websites or web applications is a huge plus.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
“Our company is committed to creating a culture that is not only grounded in continuous learning, teamwork, and customer success, but is fair, equitable, and welcoming for everyone.” Gregg Johnson CEO
And to us, diversity and inclusion means even more than treating current employees well and making them feel welcome. It also means proactively hiring people who bring different insights because of their unique demographics, ways of thinking, and prior experiences.
We intend to continue hiring great people and protecting our culture so everyone can be themselves and speak their minds. That way Invoca will always be a place filled with laughter, energy, hard work, thoughtfulness and respect.