Who we are
At Inpixon, we turn location data into actionable indoor intelligence. Our comprehensive intelligence platform with mapping, positioning, security, and analytics harnesses the future of the Internet of Things (IoT) now.
We are motivated by and focused on our vision to ‘do good’ with indoor data and build something that can quite literally change the world we interact with. We take pride in the way we positively impact the daily lives of our customers and continue to push the boundaries of how our platform can benefit others. Inpixon’s Indoor Intelligence solutions can:
Help people return to the office safely. Through a track and trace app, we can push out notifications to individuals, activate requests for deep sanitation, close off access to spaces, and push people into alternate work areas with greater distance between them.
Help staff and patients navigate hospitals easily. Through indoor mapping and awareness, we can direct patients from their car directly to their appointments, from registration to labs, and to waiting rooms. For nurses, we can tag equipment and supplies allowing quick access to other team members, visualizing asset movement and sending notifications.
Increase safety within schools. Through positioning and awareness, we can push out alerts in real time if an unregistered device enters the premises and fails to obtain clearance.
Manage cybersecurity. Through integration with Mobile Device Management, we can detect unauthorized devices, control applications in secured zones, and uphold best practices, security policies and compliance in government, pharmaceutical, and financial agencies managing a sensitive work environment.
Optimize resource allocation. Through any number of our product features, we manage, prioritize, and control the way spaces are used and accessed. Whether it’s staff allocation in retail space, managing temperature and electricity consumption in a workspace, we improve space utilization.
Inpixon Indoor Intelligence is continuously uncovering new ways to improve our lives.
Inpixon Indoor Intelligence ingests diverse data from IoT and third-party sensors designed to detect and position all active – cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Ultra-wide Band – devices using a proprietary computing process ensuring anonymity. Our platform provides a complete solution to locate, track, guide and monitor everything indoors along with the plug-in architecture and open APIs that enable interoperability and seamless integration with other systems increasing the reach, flexibility and power of indoor solutions.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, we are looking for a UX/UI Designer to manage complex design portfolios, provide insight on product enhancements and drive success. We are focused on ensuring our software products are industry-leading, modern, and easy-to-use. You are looking for an exciting opportunity to explore the unknown and develop inclusive, engaging, accessible online experiences. You will be at the forefront of customer interactions. Ultimately, you will create functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base. This is a chance for someone to join us in our Toronto (Canada) location.
Who you are
You are passionate about intuitive and clean visual layouts. You have deep user experience and user interface design experience working on web application design, from translating requirements to launching the interface. You are passionate about working on interesting, unique projects, and knowing what you have created, makes a difference.
What’s in it for you
An incredible suite of products. This is a chance to be part of a global scaling company that provides intelligent solutions to organizations and building operators to monitor and facilitate indoor navigation, cybersecurity, asset-tracking, and geofencing. You will be at the forefront of an exponentially growing segment, building the user experience and visual experience for our suite of products.
A genuine career opportunity. We are at a turning point in how indoor space is experienced, and we are continuously evolving our offerings. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with our technology and customer success teams and clients; presenting to stakeholders at all levels. You will have the chance to influence the products and move into a Product Manager role; work with large amounts of data creating visualizations; or build out and lead a design team.
A high growth company. You want to work at the cutting edge of IoT. We are disciplined about pouring our R&D dollars into it and we recently raised $40 million. This is a chance to join a company that offers the best of both worlds: a funded, publicly-traded stable organization and a fast-paced, responsive, and Agile scale up investing in research and the latest-in-everything.
What you will focus on:
- Create. You will produce original graphic designs, assets, and elements, particularly in a mapping context such as thematic mapping symbols and icons. You will design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes.
- Collaborate. You will work with Engineering to adjust designs based on technical barriers or challenges and with Customer Success to ensure we are meeting our customers’ expectations and unique needs.
- Plan, produce, and test. You will illustrate design ideas using storyboards, personas, scenarios and process flows, creating UI mockups and prototypes that demonstrate how the application operates and continue to iterate to enhance the user experience.
- Make presentations. You will prepare and present product concepts to internal teams and key stakeholders. You will be part of a team that hosts regular “show and share” opportunities as well as remote (and ultimately in-person) roadshow presentations to prospects.
- Continuously improve. You will identify and troubleshoot UX problems with new and legacy products; introducing and implementing best practices for a modern, easy-to-use framework.
- Embed accessibility. You will research and apply the latest, most inclusive standards for users with differing abilities, considering the alternative ways users will interact with or experience the space around them. You will ensure we adhere to applicable standards such as ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), ACA (Accessible Canada Act) and WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) Level AA.
What do you bring?
- The experience. You have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web and mobile applications, from idea to launch. You are creatively driven and have the technical understanding and human-centred approach developed over the last 2+ years in a UX/UI Designer role. You have exposure building accessibility standards into your designs.
- The technical toolbox. You are highly proficient in Sketch, InVision, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. You are familiar with A/B, multivariate and other quantitative testing techniques. You have experience creating production specs and assets, working directly with developers for the implementation of designs.
- An Agile team approach. You have exposure to the full development life cycle and an understanding of working within an Agile Scrum or Kanban framework. You are committed to your team, collaborative, and approachable. You can take and apply feedback as well as defend your choices.
- The communication skills. You have outstanding written and verbal skills and can confidently present your work to stakeholders and prospects at any level. You can translate technical concepts using non-technical language and you excel at illustrating your ideas and plans.
- A desire to grow and learn. You are passionate about the end-user experience and continuously seeking opportunities to expand your reach, pick up new tools, and contribute to the product. You understand the expectations of next-generation app developers and you are always ready to brainstorm a solution that provides easy-to-use functionality for every situation.
Why join us:
Together is better. We are one team. We recognize that people join a company, and want to be part of a team because of a shared vision, mission, and opportunity. Our mission to apply the best and latest in IoT, data analytics, and AI to every day indoor spaces is what drives our work. The people we work with are what brings us together every day.
Together we make it happen. We got this. We are all rowing in sync, in the same direction, heading towards group success and individual championing. Everyone at Inpixon is engaged with what we do, who we do it with and why we do it.
Courage is contagious. We have the courage to innovate. We are willing to take risks, try new things, fail fast and learn from our mistakes. Accountability and responsiveness guide the way we work with each other and our customers.
Balance tensions. We prioritize competing concepts to scale and grow. We are a publicly traded company with a multinational outlook that nurtures a start-up mentality. We measure outcomes not time, guided by the principle of being present and meeting goals and that provides the balance of life outside work.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and Inpixon sounds like something you want to be part of, apply now. We can’t promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
At Inpixon, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity & inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain people from a diverse candidate pool. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.