Gower St Analytics
Data Science and Analytics in the movie business
Gower Street Analytics is a well-funded, growing startup doing data science in the movie business. We have contracts with major movie studios that are household names. We’re growing our Product team, and are looking for at least one experienced Product designer to join our Head of Product in crafting an engaging and rewarding experience for our customers.
We are a remote-first organisation, and the Development, Data Science and Product teams work all over the UK. We also have an office in Central London that you are welcome to work from whenever you wish to.
Send CVs and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re committed to being an equal opportunities employer. No agencies please.
Here’s what you might expect on joining the team:
Within your first month
– You have conducted UX and UI audits of our FORECAST platform and have begun formulating suggestions for improvements.
– You are working with the Head of Product to identify areas in our current priority that may need particular attention with regards to UX & interaction design.
– You’ve learnt how to work closely with other remote people on your team, adopting our strong remote-first culture. This is regardless of whether you’re working in the London office regularly, you’ve visited once, or you haven’t been at all.
– You’ve chosen your own software and hardware, and got your setup just where you want it.
– You understand how Gower Street will significantly impact the future of the movie industry. You know our short term business goals, why they’re important and how we’re tackling them.
Within your first three months
– You have developed a deeper understanding of our core products and their place in the theatrical market.
– You have begun improving the UX of our products through research, best practice knowledge and remote co-design workshops with our film analysts, data scientists and the wider product team.
– You have seen end-to-end your first six week development cycle.
– You’ve seen how our process works from pitching ideas, negotiating scope and working in very small teams to completion.
– You’ve put together the proposal for how the different design activities will work, including mapping the relationships between the different teams.
– You’ll have been coached weekly in the discipline of your choice, either by someone at Gower St, or externally.
– You’ve begun building a pattern library, and working on a plan to iteratively upgrade the FORECAST interface to ensure good quality service with minimum disruption.
– You will have started looking into the strategic vision for UX at Gower St, and will have formulated some long term goals for UXD that are aligned with our company vision.
Within your first year
– You have taught someone else what you have learned so far and have been part of creating the first UX & Design team at Gower Street.
– You can provide information on the impact your contributions have made to our customers through initiative mapping and customer feedback.
– You’ve lead the evolution of an early stage startup product to a recognised industry leader.
– You attended two conferences to grow and learn, and perhaps as a speaker and ambassador for Gower Street.
– You have attended at least one industry event or trade show, sat in a film screening, and have spent time with a broad mix of our customers.
– You have significant experience in leading design of SaaS, or related digital products.
– You’re ready to become the first designer in a startup and building a design team.
– You can manage your own time and are comfortable with working remotely over video chat for much of the day.
– You are eligible to work in the UK and are a current resident.
You are keen to learn and try new tools and ways of working and share with others.
– You have the ability to visually communicate complex ideas to varying audiences.
– You have a short answer for the differences between elements, components and modules.
– You will earn over market salaries for on-site roles, even though we’re fully remote. We also contribute 3% of your salary to a pension.
– You will get five weeks off a year, plus eight bank holidays.
– We provide private health insurance after you pass your probation.
– You will know exactly how your salary is calculated through our transparent compensation ladder, and what you need to do to progress.
– As long as you’re available during our office hours, you can live and work anywhere you like in the UK.
– You will choose your own working environment – you aren’t forced to work in a noisy open plan office.
– You’ll get the chance to go to one “big” and one “small” conference each year.
– You will get what you need to work to start with us, hardware, software, office equipment.
– You’ll get 10% time to work on self-directed projects, individually or in groups, with the aim of personal improvement and innovation of new products.