Global Relay’s enterprise applications have a substantial footprint in the messaging & archiving space for compliance. This role provides an excellent opportunity to help solve tough problems and create great experiences that have a significant impact on our customers.
We are looking for an Interaction Designer who champions our users in all phases of the product management cycle. From context and problem framing all the way through to the delivery of meaningful solutions. Conduct research to understand our customers’ problems, work with the business to understand their needs, collaborate with UI designers and developers to design the final product.
- Advocate for our customers by gaining a deep understanding of their work and the challenges they face
- Be a key partner to stakeholders and product management in helping to come up with approaches that work – you’re not here to just “gather” requirements
- Proactively apply research techniques that are appropriate to the problem being addressed
- Concept, prototype, validate, fine-tune and present design solutions
- Communicate those solutions to our developers in an agile software development environment
- Create sketches, flows, wireframes and other design artifacts
- Help identify and leverage metrics to drive product management and measure success
- Guide and coach other designers and non-designers to uplift their design thinking capabilities
- Join a diverse team using modern tools
- 6+ years’ experience doing user experience design for web, desktop or mobile applications
- Solid portfolio showing your UX process and how it resulted in products that people love
- Experience with a range of tools and the willingness to adopt to new tools as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and keep organized in a dynamic environment
- Very good understanding of web technologies
- Empathy, intellectual curiosity and openness to learn about compliance in finance
- Experience in an Enterprise business environment is definitely an asset
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics to the global financial sector. We deliver services to over 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports over 50 data types, including email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, and mobile messaging.
We’ve won major awards for our growth, management, and culture – including the Deloitte Fast 50 Leadership Award, Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and the Deloitte-sponsored Canada’s Best Managed Companies awards. Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in seven other cities across the world, including London and other major financial centers like New York and Chicago.
We’ve recently expanded our London operations to better serve our UK and EU customers. Our brand-new, four-story EMEA headquarters at 45 Cannon Street (near St. Paul’s Cathedral) features state-of-the-art amenities, a spectacular view of the city, and a conference centre for customer events. More importantly, it’s the base of Global Relay’s next major technical initiative, and where we will be building our next-generation products. We currently have over 450 employees worldwide, with plans to grow the London office significantly and have a 150-strong team in London by 2020. The Development team in London will work alongside our Business teams, solving complex and exciting business and technical problems.
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. These opportunities include working alongside members of our senior leadership team, receiving mentoring from seasoned technology and business professionals, and doing business with the world’s largest, most influential banks and enterprise organizations.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.