Website DragonFly Athletics
Simplified Sports Management
Job Title: User Experience (UX) Designer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Are you passionate about intuitive experiences that make technology feel more human? Do you have a knack for simplifying complex processes? Are you a sports fan? If so, keep reading! (If you’re not crazy about sports, that’s okay, too.)
DragonFly Athletics has a unique opportunity for a UX designer who has both an eye for design and a mind for business. The ideal individual for this role should be driven by empathy for the user and have a key instinct for solving user challenges in clean and intuitive ways. This person will need to collaborate with teammates to develop solutions that elevate and excel the DragonFly product suite. We are looking for someone who is creative, curious, self-motivated and resourceful.
While these cover the essential duties of the UX Designer, this is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design intuitive experiences for products across DragonFly’s web and mobile platforms
- Collaborate with company leaders to translate business needs into workflows, wireframes and prototypes that support project efforts
- Contribute ideas that bring clarity and creativity to complex challenges
- Lead the effort to unify DragonFly’s style guide and design standards
- Work alongside developers and QA Testers to build solutions
- Facilitate user testing activities including usability studies, focus group sessions, interviews and other research-gathering methods as needed.
- Leverage meaningful, data-driven insights to provide product/design recommendations
- Be an evangelist for the user’s needs throughout the product life cycle
- Stay informed of the high school athletics landscape, competitive products and industry trends
- Be a team player in a fast-paced environment with the ability to pivot quickly in response to shifting priorities
- Working in a cross-functional team alongside Product Managers, Customer Success, CEO and the CTO to collectively bring unified operations and vision across our ecosystem.
- High level of creativity and design experience with at least three years of experience in UX design and research
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a design-related field
- Comprehensive understanding of design, user flow and wireframe tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Lucid Chart, Balsamiq, InVision, etc.
- Strong organization and analytical skills with the ability to plan, conduct and analyze research results into design strategy
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including visualization, communication design and presentation abilities for technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of the technology behind mobile and web development
- Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills with the ability to take direction, prioritize tasks and provide deliverables on time and within budget
This is a partial-remote position. Ideal candidates will be based in Northern Alabama or within a 4 hour radius of Hartselle, AL. Interested in joining our tribe? Email your resume to Rachael at email@example.com