We’re looking to grow our team at Chop Dawg, and bring on a passionate full-time UI/UX designer that can help us handcraft some beautifully designed web and mobile applications.
As a technical partner, we operate in full transparency with our clients. Set-rate, pay-as-you-go, fair pricing. Detailed project roadmaps and deliverable schedules. Quick response times. Weekly project status meetings, where you’ll discuss your latest design deliverables face-to-face with our partnered clients. Since Chop Dawg builds apps from scratch for startups and growing companies alike, you might even consider yourself a brand architect. Whatever our partners need, we have their backs (and yours).
This position is fully remote and available as a 1099 contractor, and while each of our UI/UX designers has one project to start, moving forward they can have 3-5 apps at once in their pipeline with us. Each project requires part-time hours offered on a per-project basis, so this is a full-time commitment in terms of both time and compensation. However, all candidates must be able to work in the U.S. Digital nomads and freelancers — do apply!
For more information about the available position, please read on!
The Essential Duties:
1) You will meet with your assigned clients on a weekly basis during a scheduled Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday call throughout the design duration
2) You will meet deadlines (agreed upon by both parties) for the following product deliverables depending on the project requirements you be assigned too: wireframes, high fidelities, product flows, branding, and InVision prototyping (when necessary).
3) You will communicate with our incredible team at Chop Dawg and your assigned clients within a timely manner, and conduct yourself professionally; yet not be afraid to be yourself and show off personality
4) You will follow ChopDawg.com’s project methodologies for producing results on behalf of our partnered clients
5) You will be detailed, diligent, and courteous when it comes to designing for scalability once it reaches programming with the team; with the ability to support the team when questions and clarity are needed on such designs later on
1) Must be proficient with one of the major user interface designing software: Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator
2) Must have experience working with team members and clients remotely in the past
3) Must have availability to communicate during the week at regular business hours (although we are a remote operation, we run in Eastern Standard Time from 9 AM until 7 PM on business days) and ability to begin working within the next few weeks
4) Must be a team player and have the ability to accept feedback when it comes to your user interface designs from our clients, developers, and project managers
5) Must be proficient with InVision, Sketch, Google Drive, Jira/ Confluence, and Slack
6) Must have experience working on website and mobile applications in the past
7) Most importantly, must passionately love what they do, and be excited to help our clients #MakeItAppn®
You’ll be offered on multiple occasions different applications to work on, that you can agree to accept. Each client provides a different budget and timeline. If accepted, you’ll be compensated at a set-rate per milestone payment schedule to be agreed upon between our company and you. Compensation can range from $2,000 to $5,000, per month and per project. Most of our existing user interface designers work on between 3-5 projects at once, once they become comfortable with our company methodologies and process.
How To Apply:
Please send your information, resume and any other relevant work experience to jobs[at]chopdawg.com.
About Chop Dawg:
Since 2009, we’ve created 300+ next-generation apps for startups and growing companies around the globe. When it comes to working with us, think partner, not agency.
What does it mean for Chop Dawg to be a technical partner? Think of it as the difference between us sitting next to you at the table vs. across. It’s our job as a technical partner to guide clients towards the best technology match possible that works best for them in the long term.
Our Website: www.chopdawg.com