Current Opening: User Experience Specialist
As a UX Specialist on our team, you will make an immediate impact in helping our clients deliver better user experiences on websites, mobile apps, and physical devices. Collaborating with our team on a constantly changing mix of ground-breaking projects, you will not only grow your own skills, but also help create the future of our practice and our company.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Work directly with users to improve our clients’ websites, mobile apps, and software
- Partner with and learn from a team of experts who have a great time doing great work
- Collaborate on research and design initiatives for the world’s leading companies, across a wide variety of platforms and industries
- Plan and execute ethnographic studies
- Conduct usability research that opens eyes and transforms designs
- Work with our team to design new user experiences
- Win the hearts and minds of our clients
- Grow into a leadership role
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent PPO medical and dental insurance with 75% of premiums paid
- 401K plan with company contribution
- Annual discretionary profit-sharing bonus
- Paid vacation (and our help in making sure you can use it)
- Paid maternity and parental bonding leave
- Professional development funding for conferences, courses, and tools
- Random acts of camaraderie
Creating experiences that people enjoy is core to our identity, and this value extends to our team. We are committed to supporting a healthy work-life balance for all our team members, and to fostering a culture that welcomes and celebrates diversity.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Science, Design, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Enthusiasm for user-centered design (prior experience is a plus, but not required)
- Excellent analytical, writing and creative thinking skills
- Ability to flexibly handle multiple projects and initiatives
- Humanity, humility and humor
- Commitment to helping teammates, growing your skills, and sharing your ideas on how we can improve
- Flexibility to travel (post-COVID-19, up to 3-4 short trips a year)
- Willingness to drop everything to celebrate awesomeness
Other stuff we’d love to see:
- Prior experience with usability test planning, facilitation and analysis
- Knowledge of Axure or other prototyping tools
- Previous corporate and/or consulting experience
- Ability to carry a tune
Centralis is committed to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender identity and/or expression, or sexual orientation.
Due to COVID-19, we’ll be working from home for the foreseeable future.
As the public health situation evolves, some in-person meetings or work at our Evanston office may be required.
For this reason, we will give preference to applicants from the greater Chicago area.