Smart digital to make a healthier, equitable & sustainable world
Are you passionate about creating great digital experiences to make our world healthier, more equitable & sustainable? Beaconfire RED is looking for a UX Designer to help us exceed our nonprofit clients’ expectations by creating innovative, results-oriented solutions.
UX Designer Responsibilities
* Conduct user research including reviewing analytics, and conducting interviews and surveys.
* Conduct discovery exercises with clients to understand and document project goals, audiences and requirements.
* Communicate concepts visually using storyboards, concept diagrams, UI sketches, wireframes and other artifacts.
* Understand and document the client’s business goals and project business requirements; write user stories and acceptance criteria based on wires.
* Foster client relationships and be the conduit for business knowledge transfer to the Tech team / Developers.
* Create content strategy and content organization (i.e. taxonomies, Information architecture).
* Conduct detailed Quality Assurance (QA) on projects.
* Collaborate daily with other UX Designers, Project Managers, Marketing Consultants, Front End Developers and/or Tech Leads.
* 2-4 years’ experience in User Experience design, business analyst work and/or QA.
* Familiarity with gathering requirements and QA testing.
* Familiarity with component-based design.
* Experience using content management systems like Drupal, WordPress or Sitecore.
* Knowledge of design tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, InVision, etc.
* Basic familiarity with HTML, CSS and/or frameworks like Bootstrap.
* Bonus points for experience working in an agency setting.
* Creative problem solver.
* Organized self-starter who can prioritize tasks and support multiple projects effectively.
* Versatile communicator who can tailor a message to a specific audience and purpose.
* Able to thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed-team environment.
* Able to adapt quickly and effectively to changing requirements.
Other good things to know about this opportunity:
* This position is full time at our Washington DC Metro Area office (we’re located 2 metro-stops across the river in Arlington, VA).
* This position requires occasional travel throughout the US, primarily in the northeastern corridor.
* Candidates must be legally able to work in the United States and maintain proper work authorization throughout employment with Beaconfire RED.
* Candidates must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job presented in a typical office environment.
* Beaconfire RED offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
* Beaconfire RED is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
About Beaconfire RED
At Beaconfire RED we help nonprofit and social enterprise organizations that serve good causes accomplish great things using digital technology. We design, build and promote websites and online campaigns that make people care and act. Our clients include leading organizations such as the truth Campaign, Audubon Society, the Ocean Conservancy and the League of Women Voters.
Benefits, Rewards & Perks at Beaconfire RED
* The people. We are friendly, smart, curious and passionate about what we do!
* Competitive salaries + Profit Sharing + “Torchies” quarterly bonus program
* Work-life balance (really!) + Casual work environment
* Platinum & Silver-level Health insurance plans – Medical, Dental & Vision. Pet insurance, too!
* 401k and company match
* Culture of Learning: Your own annual training budget, Friday Square tables and more
* Regular staff events and impromptu visits by the Beaconfire RED beverage cart
* Onsite gym
* Oh, and don’t forget – You’re working with clients who are making a positive difference in the world.