Website Bass Pro Shops - Cabela's
The primary objective of this position is to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction by optimizing the usability of Bass Pro Shop’s digital ecosystem including basspro.com, as well as our mobile and social efforts. This will be accomplished through a wide range of tasks including user research, analytics, and user-centered design methodologies to drive design decision that have a direct impact on the user experience. The User Experience Designer has responsibilities to lead and perform these tasks at a high level of quality through collaboration with stakeholder, external teams and other project team members. The ideal candidate will be proficient and experienced at performing various forms of user testing, designing user interfaces, detailing design documentation and strong collaboration skills with cross functional teams.
- Develop scenarios, task flows, wireframes, and mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors and high-level design strategies for all devices.
- Manage a dynamic workload to balance priorities with deadlines to effectively meet project needs.
- Develop and maintain detailed user interface specifications and documentation across enterprise business units including CLUB, Digital, Retail.
- Develop and maintain user experience design standards, personas, scenarios and user testing protocols .
- Provides input on user centered design processes and implementation of processes.
- Monitors user experience changes across competitors and other leaders in digital commerce to ensure we maintain an innovative user experience which keeps pace with customer expectations across enterprise business units such as CLUB, Digital and Retail.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree or related design work experience required. Design related degree preferred.
Experience: 0 – 2 YEARS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Proficient at using graphic design tools such as Photoshop
Experience designing user interfaces for mobile and tablet devices a plus
- Experience using design and prototyping tools such as Sketch or Axure
- Working knowledge of web design including HTML and CSS
- Able to provide samples of work demonstrating experience applying user-centered design principles
- Function effectively as an integral part of a dynamic cross-functional team
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
10% Regional and National as needed
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.