Website Arthrex, Inc
The Lead User Experience Researcher will be responsible for conducting user-centered research, synthesizing data, and working with cross-functional teams to improve our products and generate innovative design ideas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with UX designers, product managers, developers, and business stakeholders to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. (Marketing and Medical Education, Healthcare and Quality Improvements, Synergy Imaging and Resection)
• Work with product management and marketing to help define strategic feature roadmaps for perioperative software platforms and marketing initiatives based on user insights discovered through research, business intelligence, online feedback or other consumer feedback channels.
• Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
• Deliver clear and timely written reports and oral presentations of research insights to leadership, stakeholders and cross functional teams.
• Conduct user research to attain consumer feedback on our software designs, product designs and experiences.
• Create long-term research plans, defining and tracking user experience goals.
• Design creative and compelling strategic research deliverables, focused on visually telling the story and highlighting important insights.
• Design and conduct early stage design and product definition activities, including field studies and contextual research, interviews, personas, workshops, and focus groups.
• Contribute to building and improving the UX research process, from participant recruiting, screening, scheduling and writing usability test plans.
• Perform the role of validating design concepts and product ideas with customers and gathering actionable feedback on user needs and usability.
• Participate in collaborative sessions with UX designers to translate research results into personas, prototypes, usage scenarios, and workflows.
• Establish research strategies and conduct studies using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods.
• Bring new UX Research skills and experiences to the organization.
• Mentor and guide junior researchers on methods, research plans and general strategic direction for all projects within the software ecosystem.
• Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Centered Design, or similar required.
• 7+ years relevant work experience, including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
• Minimum 3+ years’ experience working in the medical industry.
• Experience with ethnography, contextual analysis, user testing, prototype/concept testing, task analysis, story mapping, wireframes, and journey mapping required.
• Experience with designing, conducting, synthesizing/analyzing data and developing genuine insights.
• Experience working with statistics.
• Experience working in an Agile environment a plus.
• Experience working with FDA and HFE standards a plus.
• Experience building successful strategic research plans based on project objectives and gaining stakeholder buy in and alignment across cross functional teams.
• Masters or Ph.D. degree in Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction a plus.