Website Artemis Health
Healthcare in America is broken – help us fix it.
We all know that healthcare is “broken,” but what many don’t know is that self-insured employers pay for the lion’s share of healthcare, so they’re in the best position to fix it. At Artemis Health, we’re empowering employers to do just that by making it easy for them to use data to cost-effectively offer their employees the best possible health benefits. By empowering employers to bend their own cost curve down, together we can bring America’s runaway healthcare costs more in line with the rest of the world. Our platform helps identify waste, low-quality care, and inefficiencies in employers’ healthcare benefits, justify possible solutions, and measure the effectiveness of those solutions. We do this by combining the latest data technology and design with the extensive healthcare experience to reimagine the way employers get value out of their data.
Artemis is a young SaaS company in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. We are well funded and growing fast which makes this an exciting time to join our product team because we’re solving hard problems daily. Stuck in a rut of delivering small enhancements to existing features? Not at Artemis – we are bringing differentiating features to market in a well-established industry, approaching an old problem with new technology in an unprecedented way and still ironing out all the kinks as a growing startup. You will serve a fundamental role in the organization by owning main aspects of the design and experience of our core product and contributing to our team’s transition as Artemis continues to grow quickly. The product team is a close-knit and diverse group of individuals with a variety of experience; we all have something to learn from each other.
Artemis is committed to being compassionate and caring in the way we treat our customers and our employees. We work hard at what we do because we know we are making a difference in the lives of the people we work with. We take ownership of what we do, and we are transparent with our team members as well as our customers. We put our customers first and are constantly pushing ourselves to be better for those we serve.
Who You Are
– You are well-versed in the UX toolbox with the wisdom to know how and when to use which tool.
– You love solving complex problems and are highly imaginative in how to go about solving them; you aren’t bound by the status quo.
– You like to engage in spirited debate to find the best answer, and you’re not attached to your own ideas.
– Opportunities for improvement within yourself, your team, and the organization are exciting, not frustrating (this is a startup after all).
– You ask for, listen to, and apply feedback effectively.
– You are highly empathetic and share your thoughts early and often while also reflexively building real relationships.
– You optimize for progress, not perfection.
– You have experience with data analytics and visualization and can reason about analytic-heavy applications.
– Understand our users’ intents, goals, behaviors, motivations, and needs, consistently advocate on their behalf, and spread this knowledge throughout the organization.
– Create wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and user journeys that improve the usability of the product and solve complex problems for our customers.
– Use exceptional problem-solving skills to understand complex user needs, break down the problems, and draft solutions.
– Collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, SMEs, and leadership to arrive at the right solution informed by user research, design testing, and analytics.
– Lead user research with empathy to identify an intuitive experience for business problems in our target market.
– Through artifacts and interaction, ensure the engineering team has what it needs to deliver solutions in code.
– Help establish our nascent design system.
– Become a subject matter expert in both the product and industry.
– Develop new and innovative data visualization solutions.
– 5+ years of relevant work experience designing SaaS, analytics, or other B2B products.
– A deep understanding of human-centered research and design best practices and tactical methods with the ability to choose the right path given the circumstances.
– A commitment to and empathy for the user which informs your design decisions.
– Strong problem solving and analytical ability and experience solving complex problems.
– World-class communication skills to advocate for your user, gather buy-in for your strategy, and communicate on a technical level with engineers.
– The ability to think through information architecture, process flows, and interfaces.
– A mastery of UX tools, frameworks, and visual design fundamentals.
– Experience with Agile software development teams. Extra credit:
– Experience with data visualization and analytics