Website Altus Group
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyse, gain market insight and recognise value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Altus Analytics, the software and data solutions division of Altus Group, is driving an evolution in the commercial real estate industry by empowering clients and partners with industry standard software solutions, data products and technology enabled services.
If you are driven by creativity and powered by skill, you might be the UI/UX Designer we are looking for. We need someone with solid front-end development skills and an artistic flair. Someone with a passion for making things user-friendly, who can convert complex business requirements into visual designs with pixel-perfect mockups. Someone who is going to change the way we look at things and the way our customers see them.
We need someone to take business and functional requirements and translate that into intuitive interfaces. This is more than making things look pretty; we need someone with hands-on experience with the latest front-end tools. We develop complex solutions that need straightforward, streamlined interfaces on both mobile and desktop platforms.
This is a job where you will be able to help define the role that you will play. You bring the skills and the passion and we hand you the reigns to build your own role – and your career. Invest in us and we will invest in you.
What’s in it for you
- Impact. You want an environment where you can do your job, do it well and know that it’s appreciated. A place without a lot of handholding. Steep learning curves don’t intimidate you; they get your adrenaline pumping. You want your work to be seen, used and appreciated by thousands of users around the world.
- Challenges. You love combining UI and UX. You want a career designing beautiful interfaces for complicated solutions. Not everyone can do this stuff. Mere mortals need not apply.
- Possibility. This is a big, but not too big, company and we are moving forward rapidly with complex web solutions and cloud-based products. You will have the chance to create the standards, not just follow the established ones. The sky is the limit for how you grow here.
Here’s what our UI/UX Designer will do:
- Own it. You will take on responsibility for the UI and UX of the application, ensuring a clean, elegant interface with logical transitions and a user-friendly, intuitive workflow.
- Bring it to life. You will convert complex business requirements into pixel perfect designs; bringing them to life with a variety of usability techniques.
- Design. You will design intuitive interfaces, logical task workflows and responsive layouts that meet the needs and vision of the product team and the end-user.
- Create. You will provide insights and create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and sitemaps. You will present concepts that are scalable.
- Collaborate. You will work across teams, with in-house and offshore developers to ensure the design is aligned with the business needs and implemented as designed.
How do we know that you are the new UI/UX Designer, you are:
- All over this. You know this job. You know how hard it can be and how much of your heart needs to go into this. You follow a human-centered design approach. You can get into the mind of the user; you understand the way people interact with products to achieve real world goals.
- Going to bring it creatively. Show us your portfolio. You channel your passion for simplicity and beauty into custom user interfaces, graphics and icons. We want to see your recent work demonstrating your ability to deliver eye-catching, intuitive and engaging customer experiences including responsive web applications.
- Going to bring it technically. This is a SaaS environment where we expect to get it right the first time, every time. You can work with multiple product development teams on simultaneous projects with varying development and release cycles. You can develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, detailed visual mockups and prototypes to communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors. You have Agile UX experience. You have experience conducting guerilla user testing.
A dream team of tech and software skills rolled into one awesome person. You have used a range of tools and technologies:
- Adobe Creative Suite (expert).
- A workload prioritization tool such as TFS.
- A wireframing / prototyping tool such as Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, Visio, Gliffy, Invision, Sketch – whatever your preferred tool is; you have the expertise.
- Confluence, WordPress or another CMS (nice to have).
- Keen to share ideas, communicate effectively, collaborate, take feedback and give it. You’ll be working with BA’s, developers, clients and other Project stakeholders. You can translate client requirements and complex user journeys into clearly laid out user stories and graphical workflows. You can create and maintain standard UI elements used by developers in various company products and ensure that modifications to existing software are designed and implemented in a manner consistent with established UX standards.
- A chameleon. You can relate to different groups; you can take complex business needs issues and turn it around into a gorgeous UI. You have a stellar analytical process and a checklist that balances advanced UI development and UI frameworks against essential functionality and nice-to-have customization.
Altus Analytics is:
- Fast. We are responsive and fast, developing new solutions and features that meet the demands of our users. With the solid financial stability of our bigger parent-group, we can offer the best of both worlds – cool tech, great benefits, challenges and rewards.
- First. We continuously innovate to stay ahead of our competitors. We set the standard for the CRE industry.
- Fun. From social Fridays to summer sailing; from holiday parties to mid-winter hackathons, we know how to take a step back and relax with co-workers.
- Future-focused. As an organization, we are focused on growing our reach and our product offering. For anyone joining us, this means the chance to work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients and grow your own career moving up to the next level, choosing to specialise or exploring different product teams.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.