Website Altus Group
We are looking for a creator who is equally comfortable playing with software tools as they are using paint and paper. We need someone with creative hands and a logical mind who can bring a depth and breadth of visual skills to our team. Someone to join us in the heart of the city’s tech and design hub, close to Farringdon Station, multiple food markets and pubs. A collaborator who enjoys reasonably flexible hours, friendly co-workers and a good social scene. We need a Visual UI Designer.
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyse, gain market insight and recognise value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Altus Analytics, the software and data solutions division of Altus Group, is driving an evolution in the commercial real estate industry by empowering clients and partners with industry standard software solutions, data products, and technology enabled services.
Reporting to the Design Practice Lead, we need a Visual UI Designer to spearhead the visuals and bring to life modern interface designs for a new suite of cloud based applications. Someone who wants to learn mapping application flows; advanced animation designs; a modern living style guide.
What’s in it for you
- Impact. You want to execute on our new design-first focus that places the customer experience front-and-centre. Your work will impact a global audience of thousands.
- Exposure. You want the opportunity to travel to and attend creative events or special projects.
- Career Development. You want to collaborate with experts and work on cutting-edge cloud products, gaining exposure to usability research, data science, information architecture, system design and front-end development.
Here’s what our Visual UI Designer will do:
- Create. You will design concepts and solution prototypes. You will incorporate changing UI states or interaction paths in your designs.
- Bring it to life. You will take features from ideas and wireframe to mock-ups and final interfaces.
- Balance. You will balance the urgency of business priorities with the importance of customer value, product consistency and usability. You will work with in-house and offshore teams, to ensure the design is aligned with the business needs and implemented correctly.
- Own it. You will take responsibility for your creative output, ensuring a clean, elegant user interface and ways to test, refactor or expand further in the future.
- Thought leadership. You will contribute to the long-term success of our products by implementing best practices and forward-thinking design principles to new and existing work.
So how do we know you are the next Visual Designer you have:
- A natural sense of design and artistry. A visual eye for layout, typography, colour, and imagery.
- A strong balance between the creative and the logical. Ability to create rich user experiences with a responsive UI. An impactful portfolio designing responsive UI for web or mobile applications, and websites including building wireframes, high fidelity renders and basic prototypes.
- Technical knowledge. A design kit that includes Sketch, Photoshop or Adobe XD, InVision or Marvel; the fundamentals of HTML/CSS.
- An Agile approach. Exposure to working in Agile Scrum or Kanban.
- Interpersonal skills. Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills. You are not scared of asking questions, pitching ideas, problem solving and working across different teams.
- The extras. Nice to have: Illustrator, After Effects etc.
Flinto, Framer, Axure, Principle.
Data visualisation / Dashboard design.
Altus Analytics is:
- Fast. We are responsive and fast, developing new solutions and features that meet the demands of our users. With the solid financial stability of our bigger parent-group, we can offer the best of both worlds – cool tech, great benefits, challenges and rewards.
- First. We continuously innovate to stay ahead of our competitors. We set the standard for the PropTech industry.
- Fun. From social Fridays to summer sailing; from holiday parties to mid-winter hackathons, we know how to take a step back and relax with co-workers.
- Future-focused. As an organisation, we are focused on growing our reach and our product offering. For anyone joining us, this means the chance to work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients and grow your own career moving up to the next level, choosing to specialise or exploring different product teams.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
Please apply here: https://bit.ly/2pP9dPc
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.