Website Alliance Safety Council
Our Innovation department is currently seeking an experienced User Experience (UX) Designer. The core function of the role is to conceive and conduct user research, manage and perform customer interviews and surveys and translate user input into sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes. This individual will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. Individuals in this role must be user-focused, analytical, highly creative, and have strong verbal and written communication skills. A UX Designer must be able to work in a team environment in order to share information and collaborate on solutions.
Key aspects of the job include:
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to business vision and priorities.
- Translate concepts into wireframes, proof-of-concepts and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping and mocking up user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Drive the customer sponsorship program and facilitate customer engagement activities to rapidly test and iterate your designs for fast feedback.
- Serve as a customer advocate to ensure the highest level of usefulness, desirability and customer satisfaction.
- Work across departments with key ASC stakeholders to develop digital strategies. Implement initiatives and standards that balance customer/user needs with business objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have strong research and communication skills and a proactive, self-directed approach to work. To excel in this position, an individual should be fully versed in the learning technology market with a passion to create something truly unique and disruptive. This individual must be willing to take bold approaches and champion new ideas.
Other skills and abilities needed for success in this role include:
- Five or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex desktop and mobile solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university or High School education/GED and equivalent experience.
- Previous experience with learning/education platforms is highly recommended.
- Expertise in UX software such as RP PRo, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, etc.
- Ability to create pixel-level mockups and/or clickable high fidelity prototypes based on an existing style guide, using tools such as InVision, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience with graphic design and graphic design tools.
- Experience with Design Thinking methodologies.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Expertise in user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and customers.
- Close collaboration and communication with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Ability to research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Passion for all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Provides strategic direction to the planning, design, and standardization of the user experience
- Stay up to date with new technologies and trends in the web design domain.
- Support user engagement activities to gather real-world feedback on prototypes
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Ensure functional and visual consistency across the product. Provide leadership and guidance to the development team around the visual consistency across the product.
- Create highly modernized and streamlined user experiences and interfaces for all necessary products and platforms.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Internal & External Relationships:
- Personnel related issues, including supervision, coaching and professional development of department staff.
- Assists staff in developing new skills; works with senior-level leadership and volunteer governance bodies.
- Directs the work of contractors and consultants selected to assist the organization in user experience implementation and graphic design through relevant communication and project management activities.
Other duties/tasks as assigned.
While performing the duties of User Experience Designer, the employee must be able to withstand performing typical office work, including periods of sitting at a computer station and performing computer-related work, which generally involves repetitive motion tasks on a computer keyboard and viewing multiple monitors for prolonged periods of time. The employee must also be able to regularly stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop and kneel and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This position will require some out of state travel.
The work schedule of the User Experience Designer for Alliance Safety Council is Monday – Friday, 8 hours a day and occasional weekend work (i.e. training and assistance with events). Overnight travel may be required.