We’re out to revolutionize how consumers shop for apparel online and we’re looking for a creative web UX designer to define frictionless, seamless web UI experiences that are not just functional, but also delightful. Think Uber, AirBnB user experiences.
This post is for a scoped initial project with the potential to turn into additional projects and a full-time job
About the role
As a UX Designer on Airthreads, your number one job is to solve user problems. We are looking for someone who can not just just pretty-up an existing experience, but think deeply about the user and their journey end to end to define an experience that hides complexity and delights the user.
You will work closely with experienced Silicon Valley product managers, engineers, data scientists, and UX researchers to iterate and build a usable, useful, and delightful experience that we can launch. You’ll engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in concepting, prototyping, information design, workshop facilitation, and user research. You must be an expert in web UX prototyping, and interaction design – delivering both initial concepts/wireframes as well as the polished final design for engineering to build off.
What You’ll Do
* Deeply understand the needs of consumers when shopping for clothes
* Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
* Design experiences that hide complexity and just work for the consumer
* Build wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs
* Obsess over the details of interaction, visual, and motion design
* Work with product managers to understand requirements, and translate them to design
* You are bold and creative. You have a hunger to work on something big and to bring it to life.
* Love Fashion and Technology.
* You build fast. Fail fast. Experiment faster.
* Effective Communicator
* Positive Attitude. Practical.
* Bring inspirations/proposals back to the team. Challenge us. Improve the Product.
* Ask Good Questions.
* Turn complex into simple
* Use data to understand our customer, guide decisions, and improve her experience
* Proven ability to tackle complex user and design problems
* Interaction Design + Visual Design.
* A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work (highlight interaction design examples)
* Expertise with the latest UX tools – Figma, Invision, Sketch etc. and an ability to quickly learn new ones
*Mix of Design Experiences – work, education, training, internships, freelance
* 2+ years experience in UX design