Stryker is looking for a Principal UX/UI Designer to add to our growing Design Team for our Instruments Division. We are looking for:
- User-focused creators. Passionate creative leaders who design with the user in mind, developing medical devices that help change patients’ lives and create the next generation of user experience in the OR.
- Curious learners. Designers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to design medical devices.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses and lead the development of best practices.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just identifying root causes but evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Stryker’s Principal UX/UI Designer will lead user experience design activities, collaborating with engineering and marketing teams in the development of digital interface product platforms within the Instruments division, focusing on Navigation, Neuro, Spine and ENT solutions. User Centered Design techniques are key skills required to determine appropriate user experience, ergonomics, function, aesthetics, quality and safety. The Principal UX/UI Designer plays a central role in planning and leading user observation research in the OR, synthesis and prioritization of insights as well as creating compelling design solutions through visualization prototypes, platforms and systems. Successful candidates should have the technical and management skills to lead the team through the user interface development process from concept to implementation, leveraging various design methodologies. Merging an understanding of user and business needs, this role is expected to drive high quality digital solutions that meet or exceed customer needs. Our strongest candidates will demonstrate design leadership qualities and will have the ability to act as the user interface design guru to other members of the team and business leadership.
- BFA or BS in User Experience (UX) Design, User Interface (UI) Design, Interaction Design or related degrees.
- 10+ years of experience including 5yrs of experience leading development teams and projects and a portfolio that demonstrates your work on commercialized products.
- Experience in the medical field is a plus.
- Expertise in UX and Design software such as Adobe CS, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Flinto, Balsamiq, Framer, Quartz Composer, CSS3, QML is a must.