Product / UX Designer
at Leadpages in Minneapolis, MN
We promise you haven’t worked with anyone like us before. We’re a Minneapolis, MN based early-stage tech company that’s changing the way businesses do marketing, lead generation, and conversion rate optimization online. With a growing team that works closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do.
Product Designers are central to our product and design teams and have a shared responsibility in large scale projects.
We are looking for a Product – UX Designer who can innovate and help us create amazing and simple user experiences. To be a successful designer on the team, you need to be a thoughtful mentor, a partial product owner and, above all else, a team player. This role is not just about creating great design, it’s about understanding personas, user journey maps, or whatever is needed to help communicate the design vision.
Come join the fun and build something great with us!
What you’ll do:
- Active involvement defining product strategy
- Design systems that meet the vertices of form and function
- User testing and feedback gathering
- Incorporate rapid feedback from designers, product owners, and front-end engineers
What you’ve done:
- Refined aesthetic sense utilizing composition, balance, symmetry, and white space to both work within and expand the Leadpages style
- Understanding of what makes an experience good and bad, you empathize with our user’s problems, find stunning solutions, polish the details, and help engineers execute them
- Self-starter who constantly looks for ways to make Leadpages experiences visually stunning without sacrificing simplicity in it’s experience
- Attention to detail with every pixel, word, or requirement. You’ll even paste an emoji after your name in the application
- User testing is part of your design process, and you welcome the chance to be wrong
- Knowledge of Sketch, Illustrator, or other design/wireframing/prototyping tools
- Experience with prototyping in HTML/CSS
- Experience defining interface transitions and animations
- Experience maintaining style guides across multiple teams and products
Who you are:
- You know what ‘fast-paced’ really means and you embrace it
- What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn
- You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you’re not afraid to go find solutions to difficult problems that crop up
- Technology is your friend, not your foe
- You never say “That’s not my job”
- You design products that help grow our user’s businesses 10x
Who we are:
Leadpages was thrilled to make #148 on the 2016 Inc. 5000 list (we were #2 in Minnesota) and to be named a Star Tribune Top Work Place in both 2015 and 2016. To learn more about the teams that have helped us achieve these honors, we invite you to visit our Instagram, Facebook, and About.
We consider working for a successful startup to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them.
If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- 2 (yes, two) work-from-home days per week
- A gorgeous, bright office, conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note: residence in or relocation to Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN is our one non-negotiable
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Career development isn’t just idle chit-chat but a true reality! In 2016, we were overjoyed to give promotions to 27% of our stellar employees
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve – you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
At Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.
Sound like you?
To apply, please submit your tailored resume, a link to your LinkedIn profile, and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are a skill and culture match for this position. Thanks for checking us out – we look forward to hearing from you!