Senior or Intermediate UX/UI Designer
at OANDA in Toronto, Ontario Canada
OANDA Corporation is an innovator in computer engineering and financial modeling that provides Internet-based forex trading and currency information services to everyone, from individuals to large corporations; portfolio managers to financial institutions. We are a market maker and a trusted source for currency data with one of the world’s largest historical, high frequency, filtered currency databases. We move billions of dollars a day (10 times more money than Paypal!!) in a market with daily capitalization of $4 trillion, dwarfing both the US bond and equity markets!! We continue to experience tremendous growth since our start in 1996, providing unprecedented opportunities for our employees to redefine the forex market with new products we create. Our products are only as good as those who create them, so we look for highly intelligent, innovative, dedicated professionals who think outside the box and love to invent creative solutions that ensure our nimbleness, adaptability and responsiveness to our constantly changing environment. We offer a culture of openness and transparency under the leadership of world-renowned computer science and economics experts.
OANDA Canada’s head office is located in the heart of the entertainment district with convenient access to public transit and other downtown Toronto amenities. OANDA continues to expand its global presence with offices in the US, Canada, UK, Singapore, Japan,and Australia.
Who You Are:
You are a Senior or Intermediate User Experience and Interface designer who is passionate about creating the best experience for users in the digital space. You have 3-5 years of experience and enjoy the challenge of solving user experience issues inherent to building applications for the web, mobile and tablet space. You are a team player and enjoy working and brainstorming with other follow designers, programmers, and managers. You’re also a self starter who enjoys learning about the latest design trends and tools of the UX/UI industry.
As the user experience and interface designer, you will be required to design and create a consistent and friendly user experience across all OANDA’s trading platforms. You will also have a passion for understanding users and how they interact with digital products. As well as designing the user flow and interfaces for trading applications, you will be expected to conduct usability research by building usability tests, conducting the usability sessions, and gathering results for further analyzes. You will be involved in the definition, design and development of new features where performance and user experience must be world class. You will be involved in all aspects of the user experience process and be a champion for the user through understanding and delivery.
- Work on applications that are used thousands of times per day to enhance the daily trading user experience of thousands of customers
- Contribute innovative ideas which will build upon OANDA’s award-winning trading platform
- Use Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop) to build visual design comps
- Use InvisionApp to build working prototypes
- Create wireframes and sketches showing the user experience flow
- Collaborate with other designers, programmers, project and product managers
- Building, conducting and gathering feedback usability testing sessions to ensure the proposed user experience meets user expectations and presents recommendations to drive future design
- Create documentation for user experience and design guidelines
- Have a strong interest in understanding the broad range of skills encompassing user experience design, such as visual design, information architecture, interaction design, usability, user research and content strategy
Skills & Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience specializing in web, mobile, interaction design, and user research
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong working knowledge of InvisionApp
- Strong conceptualization ability and visual communication ability
- Experience and understanding of user interface and visual design patterns
- Ability to create and sketch wireframes
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Exceptional design and production skills with strong attention to detail
- A high personal standard when it comes to user experience and interface design and usability
- A passion for all technologies especially in the desktop and mobile space
- Responsive design skills
- Iconography skills
- Experience in data visualization