at Callisto (Anywhere)
Callisto is offering a unique opportunity to use your design skills to help create a world where sexual assault is rare and survivors are supported.
Callisto is a non-profit startup that builds technology to support sexual assault survivors and end assault in the United States. We are hiring our first full-time product designer to work on our web-based sexual assault reporting system. Our product is designed to provide a more empowering reporting experience for college sexual assault survivors and to facilitate the identification of repeat assailants.
- A solid portfolio showcasing your work translating complex interactions into intuitive, elegant designs
- Experience transforming usability studies and user research into user-centered, well informed design decisions
- Interest in defining and nurturing org-wide processes to share knowledge, facilitate quick iteration, and encourage team growth
- Resourcefulness, flexibility and the ability to prioritize
- Sensitivity to confidential information, data integrity, and security
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
You might also have:
- Experience building and translating a brand across non-digital mediums
- A demonstrated commitment to accessibility
- Experience building & testing prototypes
- Flexible & scalable style guides in your portfolio
We will give you:
- Research- and data-driven expertise in the needs of sexual assault survivors
- A leadership role at the cutting edge of trauma-informed design
- Trust and support to own user-centered product decisions at an organization that values our users’ well-being above all else
- A professional development budget and guidance to help your career grow as our organization grows
- Flexible work hours and location
- Benefits stipend
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- $65k – $80k/yr salary, depending on experience
- A tech job that provides purposeful and fulfilling work giving concrete comfort to vulnerable people while creating systemic change for the better
Callisto is a small, close-knit team that values transparency and honest communication. You will be the first full-time design hire, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. You’ll work closely with the Chief Executive Officer on product priorities and vision, as well as with the Chief Technology Officer and development team to execute your designs.
Designers of color are especially encouraged to apply. Trans and non-binary designers are especially encouraged to apply. Queer designers are especially encouraged to apply. Designers with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. Designers on their 2nd or 3rd career are especially encouraged to apply. Your perspective is invaluable to our work.
Location: San Francisco, NYC, or Portland preferred. Some travel required.
How to apply:
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line “Product Designer”:
- Cover Letter