Senior Visual & User Interface Designer
at AiCure in New York
AiCure is a VC-funded startup that leverages mobile technology by combining it with Artificial Intelligence (Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Big Data) to bring better health, better drugs, and better treatment to everyone on the planet. We’re rapidly expanding and if you’re passionate about making a positive impact, we’d like to hear from you.
You will play the lead design role on our mobile app (iOS/Android) and web-based dashboard products.
When participants in clinical trials, or patients use the AiCure apps, information on their medication intake is reported in various dashboard products, which allow trial coordinators and other stakeholders to gain insights into how each trial is progressing, and to take actions (patient alerts, etc.). For example, our apps use Computer Vision to identify the patient (using face recognition), verify that patients are taking the right medication (pill recognition), and that they are actually taking their medication (action recognition).
Your mission will be to work with the rest of the User Experience Design team create beautiful, engaging, and highly functional native iOS/Android apps and dashboards for a diverse set of users in the areas of mental health, cardiovascular disease, infectious disease, and more.
You will own the “look and feel” of everything our patients, doctors, and nurses touch.
- Design and design execution as well as leading all creative aspects of a project as necessary
- Collaborate with UX, product, and engineering teams as a key member of a highly user-centered & collaborative company
- Employ a user-centered design process to support the overall business strategy
- Create design systems, and maintain and promote living style guides, best practices, and standards
- Remain knowledgeable about emerging UI standards and trends
- Rapidly explore multiple concepts & design variations
- Conceptualize ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design problems
- Create elegant, information-dense responsive web layouts for any type of device
- Create beautiful, clean native app layouts for both Android and iOS
- Skillfully organize very large amounts of information so that it is easy to read, understand, find, and interpret, for our customers
- Also produce gorgeous animations, illustrations, icons, infographics, and more
- Work closely with engineers to make your designs a reality
- A portfolio of gorgeous work including responsive web designs, mobile app designs, illustration, branding, style guides, and more (include a link, if possible)
- Experience designing responsive web layouts from the ground up (information-dense analytics layouts, a plus)
- Experience designing native mobile applications on both iOS and Android
- At least 2 years of experience working in a product development organization
- Experience working closely with engineering teams to build and ship web-based and native apps (Android/iOS)
- Knowledge of user-centered design practices, usability, and accessibility
- Experience in designing motion and microinteractions
- Expertise in tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc.
- Healthcare experience a plus
Our selection process is highly competitive because we only hire the best, most enthusiastic candidates. Openness, flexibility, creativity, ownership, and accountability are our main pillars. We love solving challenging problems and creating solutions that have real impact on people- at scale.
We’re on a mission to revolutionize healthcare and when you join us, you’ll have the opportunity of having real, tangible impact not only on individuals directly using our technology, but also on how drugs are tested and brought to market across the world. That means everyone on the planet will benefit from what you do. You’ll be inspired every day because you’ll be making a real difference and you’ll see it happen. In real time and at scale.
You’ll work with brilliant, positive people who thrive in an interdisciplinary, multi-cultural environment, and are curious, creative, and focused on executing our mission. You’ll be up to speed in the the most recent advances in Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Big Data) while solving challenging problems that must take into account many fascinating aspects of human psychology and behavior. You’ll work with Scientists, Engineers, Designers, and Medical Doctors, to create innovative products that scale in an environment that encourages learning, collaboration, and growth.
We offer great compensation packages that are not only highly competitive, but will allow you to benefit and grow as we expand and scale.
Generous and flexible vacation policy so you can take the breaks that you need to, to recharge and stay energized.
Full (100%) coverage on medical, dental, and vision insurance plans with one of the biggest health insurance companies in the U.S. You’ll have plenty of choices for all of your healthcare needs.
We offer 401K so you when you retire, you can benefit from all of the great things you do with us.
We believe that people are at their best when they’re happy, and that flexibility improves creativity. With us you’ll have plenty of flexibility so you can think out of the box, challenge yourself, and build great things that have real impact while maintaining the life-work balance that helps you thrive.
We’re in one of the best and coolest neighborhoods in NYC: in the heart of the trendy Flatiron District, which is extremely well connected, and bustling with culture, food, shopping, cafes, and parks to inspire you.
We have a fantastic open loft-space with brand new, state of the art equipment including standing desks, snacks, kitchen, areas for mingling and having a break, and plenty of sunshine. Full views of the Empire State Building included.
PLEASE APPLY ON WORKABLE.COM