Digital Experience Architect
at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company in Dunwoody, Georgia, United States, 30338
- of Positions 3
Job Type Professional/Technical
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Weekends RequiredNot Required
Why State Farm®?
Our commitment to customers makes us the No. 1 insurer of cars and homes in the United States.
This same commitment to our work force is how we got here and how we stay here. Our 90-year track record highlights State Farm as an employer of choice committed to providing career opportunities that last a lifetime.
From diverse backgrounds and talent, to meaningful work and comprehensive benefits, “Like a good neighbor…” isn’t just a slogan. It’s who we are and how we do business.
Check out our Video Gallery to learn more.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Leads a cross-disciplinary team in the design of user experiences, development of high-level concepts, application user interfaces, and digital artifacts, for example: scenarios, concept models, conceptual flows, high-level wireframes, interaction flows, detailed wireframes, screen specifications, and cross channel initiatives
- Provides creative direction for digital user experience
- Promotes and facilitates creative collaboration across project teams
- Serves as the primary liaison among user interface teams
- Collaborates closely with user researchers, business, and project teams of business analysts, designers, copywriters, and developers to optimize digital user experience and promote mobile first philosophy
- Utilizes research insights to build an in-depth understanding of target users needs, tasks, and goals as they apply to design
- Possesses a strong understanding of digital user interface design and digital user experiences for online and mobile products
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
- Creates and implements strategic and tactical creative solutions
- Acts as the primary point of accountability for the creation of Digital Artifacts by working with the User Interface team
- Works with digital user experience design teams to organize, schedule, and control the creative effort of projects while effectively managing scope and budget
- Responsible for meeting Digital Experience Standards or filing the issue
- Responsible for business approval of digital artifacts
- Brings perspective that incorporates leading and emerging practices from the digital landscape to identify valuable concepts and applies these in innovative ways to meet business and user needs and expectations
- Directs, manages, and delivers formal creative recommendations, presentations, deliverables
- Communicates status, risks, and issues to project manager
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of creative techniques, tools, and concepts in digital user experience
- Applies knowledge of department policies, procedures, general operations and the organization’s goals and broad strategies
- Ensures overall digital design process adheres to the project requirements, objectives, and timeline
- Creates scalable site structures and navigation elements that improve usability
- Implements innovative and appropriate current technologies as a part of the overall interactive strategy
- Reviews artifacts and provide feedback along with Business Analyst
- Provides input to, and ultimately must agree with, specific measures to address future objectives for the user experience and business case that were unable to be completed as part of the original project
- Works closely with Business and Systems Leads to identify and enable solutions to achieve the desired user experience
- Exercises independent decision-making and judgment in the development of creative efforts associated with projects
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of digital user experience and trends
- Accountable for the advancement and application of the Digital Strategy and Digital Experience Standards
- Promotes and facilitates creative collaboration with project teams
- Engages with Development Center/Business area to provide project-level user experience thought leadership, direction, and influence business requirements and the overall customer experience
- Accountable for appropriate compliance and digital standards such as accessibility and usability
- Continuous learning of user needs to optimize user experience
- Demonstrates high degree of creativity
- Demonstrates strong communication and presentation skills
- Accountable for and ensures the team’s completion of all digital artifacts
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of Integrated Solutions Department, CCC-Digital and enterprise goals
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of State Farm Insurance and Financial Services products
- Develops and possesses thorough knowledge of company compliance standards including brand, intellectual property, copyright and trademark
- Presents feedback to management regarding creative team performance
- Updates job knowledge by tracking research regarding web design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Possesses a strong creative portfolio demonstrating imagination, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Passion for new technologies and emerging trends
- Understand release-level scope and how assigned projects affect other projects in the same release
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3
ITEMS OF NOTE
- Portfolio of creative efforts preferred
- Job may require travel outside normal business hours; travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles; and may include weekends
- Handles highly-sensitive issues and maintains confidentiality
- HFI Certification preferred
State Farm Insurance is seeking an experienced UX Strategist with an interaction design / UX architecture background to help guide the digital customer journey at the enterprise level. By collaborating with business partners, research partners and digital leadership; the Digital Experience Architects will define the creative strategy for all user center design projects at the concept level. This role is also works with our UX Pattern Library and Digital Style Guide teams to prioritize ongoing enhancements, setting the framework for a consistent experience across all web and mobile experiences. Although work is primarily done within brand and design standards, candidates must demonstrate past success with proactively evolving designs to keep pace with customer needs and technology. Experience in complex transactional consumer facing user flows preferred, and experience with responsive design is a plus. This position is located in Atlanta, GA and requires ongoing collaboration with Corporate headquarters in Bloomington, IL; therefore some travel may be required. Your ongoing professional development is encouraged and supported through a variety of assignments, pertinent conferences and advanced training; while flexible schedule options allow for optimal work-life balance.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
You may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k) Plan, Credit Union, a fully funded retirement pension plan, and more.
For more information about our company, careers and Total Rewards, visit www.statefarm.com/careers. You can also learn more about what to expect from our employment process here.
State Farm Insurance is an equal opportunity employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/ksdtmsy
Recent UX jobs at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company